Central Bedfordshire Council ‘Schools for the Future’
School reorganisation in Central Bedfordshire
During the 2017-18 academic year, Central Bedfordshire Council undertook a series of consultations relating to proposals to move from the three-tier system to the two-tier system. Further meetings and consultations will take place this year, and more information on the proposals can be found on the CBC Schools for the Future webpages.
As a result, the Diocesan Board of Education called its Headteachers and Chairs of Governors together for a meeting on 20th September 2018 to communicate the Board’s policy on the proposals and how it would support its schools through the process.
A set of documents offering guidance on a number of matters relating to the management, structure and governance of schools at times of change was also released on that day. All these documents can be downloaded below:
- 20 September Headteachers and Chairs of Governors – Briefing presentation
- Key principles of decision-making
- Making significant changes to my school: Whose consent do I need?
- Land ownership
- How to amend your Instrument of Government (maintained schools)
- How to change your school age range
- How to change your admissions policy
- How to convert to academy status