Repairs, maintenance and grants
This page gives information on fundraising and grants for repairs, alterations and additions to church buildings. Check the details of what funders will support and require before applying for a grant.
National Lottery Heritage Fund project grants reopen – February 2021. For more information see here.
Information on the impact of COVID-19 on funding for church buildings including alterations or additions to national and local grants is here. Only when it is clear that changes will continue into the future will they be added to the advice notes listed below.
- National grants
- Local grants
- Grants for specific types of project
- Landfill Communities Fund
- Diocesan Funding
- Grants for roof alarms
- Local fundraising
- Grants for energy conservation and green energy
- Church maintenance
- Organising projects
- Training – information and events
- Learning from successful churches
- Online, text and contactless donations
- Make a donation to the Beds & Herts Historic Churches Trust
For more help and advice contact:
David Bevan, Historic Church Buildings Support Officer
Email: HCBSupport@stalbans.anglican.org Tel: 01727 818108
Emma Critchley, Pastoral and Advisory Secretary
Email: email@example.com Tel: 01727 818138