The Diocesan Registry is the legal office supporting the Bishop of St Albans and legal aspects of the work of the diocese.
The Registry is responsible for:
- processing Petitions for Faculties;
- giving free advice to parish officers, clergy, boards and committees of the Diocese;
- issuing the documentation to enable burial grounds to be consecrated;
- issuing marriage licences;
- dealing with applications for reservation of gravespaces
Please note in the forms below that the Faculty Fee has increased to £305.40 from the 1st January 2021.
- *NEW*Changes to rules for marriages effective from 1 July 2021
- FAQs: Marriage Registration Changes May 2021 and other changes July 2021
- Guidance from the national church (Faculty Office) about post-Brexit arrangements for marriages involving EEA and Swiss nationals
- The Churchyard Regulations – each Diocese has its own Regulations. For information regarding burials, cremated remains and memorials.
- Churchyards – Guidance and Good Practice for Clergy
- Churchyard Handbook – Guide for Families (Not yet published)
- Churchyard – CR1 Application to introduce a memorial (PDF)
- Churchyard – CR1 Application to introduce a memorial (Word)
- Grave Reservation
- Private Faculty for Memorial in churchyard
- Garden of Remembrance Plot Reservation
- Telecomms guidance
- Display of Public Notices for Faculties – Covid-19 Chancellor’s Directions
The General Register Office have issued a publication titled Guidebook for The Clergy which gives guidance on Clergy responsibilities regarding the regulations and certification requirements for marriages, baptisms and burials.
Diocesan Deputy Registrars
Diocesan Deputy Registrars: Owen Carew-Jones and Jon Baldwin
Registry Clerk: Anne-Marie Organ
Address: St Albans Diocesan Registry, Winckworth Sherwood LLP, Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB (DX: 156810 London Bridge 6)
Telephone: 020 7593 5015