Diocesan Office Vacancies
Ministry Development Team Administrator
Applications are invited for this busy and varied post supporting the work of the Ministry Development Team, including the management of training events and administration of reviews for curates and Readers. Please see pack on link below for further information:
Closing date: Friday 24 January, 12 noon
St Albans Cathedral is recruiting for an Assistant Virger to be join its dedicated and friendly team reporting to the Head Virger. This is a pivotal role, leading the virging team to ensure the Cathedral offers a warm welcome to visitors and worshippers alike, providing support for religious services and special events, being responsible for security and ensuring the Cathedral is clean and tidy.
Applications for Full or Part Time hours will be considered.
For further information, full job description and details of how to apply, click here.
Six month maternity cover contract (February 2020 – August 2020)
St Paul’s Church is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and skilled administrator to join the staff team to support our ministry. This is a paid post for 20 hours a week.
The main purposes of the role are:
- to look after the extensive day-to-day administrative operations of the church in close co-operation with the Vicar and the Centre Manager;
- to assist in the running of a busy town centre church office
- to provide Personal Assistant support to the Vicar
- to perform some weekly bookkeeping duties in support of the Church’s Treasurer.
For a full job description and person specification and details of how to apply, please click here
Closing date: Monday 16th December
Part Time (16 hours p/w), Salary £19,450 p/a FTE
Christ Church, St Albans is looking for a new Church Administrator to maintain and develop our administration systems in support of the spiritual life and activities of our Church.
This is a busy and interesting role within our small staff team and we are excited to advertise this post.
Click here for the full job description and person specification.
If you are interested in applying, have any questions or wish to receive an application form, please contact the Church Office (e-mail or 01727 859806) or our Vicar, Reverend Jeremy Follett (e-mail or 01727 857592)
Closing Date: 31st December 2019
Families Minister – St Michael’s, Bishop’s Stortford
St Michael’s Church, Bishop’ Stortford seeks to employ a Families Minister to lead and coordinate efforts to foster, with God’s help, a more vibrant all-age church where families and their children are welcomed, nurtured and encouraged to know Jesus, participate in church community life and grow in their Christian journey. There will be two elements in this important role:
- To build relationships with families, young people and children and, as the Spirit leads, develop activities appropriate to their needs.
- To bring together and enhance the wide variety of existing aspects of our Families’ Mission by working in collaboration with existing leaders, ministers and others in the congregation, and in doing so enable the church to more faithfully and coherently minister to the needs of families, young people and children in accordance with God’s plan for us.
Applications welcome from lay or ordained candidates: a part-time or full-time role can be considered. Salary in the range £22K-£24K (full-time). Pension contribution and expenses provided.
Closing date: 12 Noon on Wednesday 8 January 2020.
Interviews to be held in Bishop’s Stortford: Wednesday 29 January 2020.