The Synod’s business each year includes:
• A Presidential address on a topical subject, delivered by the Bishop of St Albans at each Synod.
• The Diocesan Common Fund budget for the coming year; the receipt and discussion of the accounts of the Diocesan Board of Finance for the past year; and the approval of stipend levels – the amount paid to clergy – for the coming year.
• Receipt and discussion of the Annual Reports of diocesan boards and committees.
• Questions raised by Members of the Synod – these should be sent in writing to the Diocesan Secretary at least 28 days before a meeting of Synod.
• Matters raised by Deanery Synods.
• Matters referred by the General Synod, including draft legislation.
• Motions and presentations by diocesan boards and committees.
The following links will take you to the paperwork that relates to each Diocesan Synod: