- This event has passed.
‘All Inclusive?’ – Supporting Families
20th November @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Supporting Families – understanding and supporting, practically and pastorally, families of children and young people with additional needs.
This online seminar, run by Urban Saints, looks at:
- Understanding the terminology regarding additional/special needs, disability etc.
- Surviving the diagnosis; what is the journey that many families are on
- Transitions, milestones, rites of passage; what are some of the key ‘trigger’ points for families?
- Dads, siblings, challenges during lockdown and more…
- What appropriate practical and pastoral support can be offered to families?
- Further information, resources and support to explore.
The seminar provides you with everything you need to better understand some of the challenges families of children and young people with additional/special needs encounter, what that experience can be like for them, and how to offer and provide appropriate and informed support.
Tickets cost £7.50