- This event has passed.
All Inclusive? – Supporting Families
9th September @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Supporting Families, an Urban Saints event – understanding and supporting, practically and pastorally, families of children and young people with additional needs
This seminar looks at:
- Understanding the terminology regarding additional/special needs, disability etc.
- Surviving the diagnosis; what is the journey that many families are on
- Transitions, milestones, rites of passage; what are some of the key ‘trigger’ points for families?
- Dads, siblings, challenges during lockdown and more…
- What appropriate practical and pastoral support can be offered to families?
- Further information, resources and support to explore.
The seminar provides you with everything you need to better understand some of the challenges families of children and young people with additional/special needs encounter, what that experience can be like for them, and how to offer and provide appropriate and informed support.
The ‘All Inclusive?’ – Supporting Families training programme includes:
- A comprehensive colour A4 training workbook with a wealth of information and resources sent to each participant in advance.
- Access to a series of videos to explore and learn through, covering a range of topics related to supporting families of children and young people with additional needs.
- Finally, a Zoom session including discussion groups, case studies, Q&A, and signposting to further resources to investigate, as we wrap this programme up together.
Tickets cost £7.50