Fundraising for Independent Charities and Youth Projects (YAC)
15th May @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Are you trying to raise funds for your church or organisation? Wondering where and how to apply, and how to pitch it right? This day is a comprehensive guide to finding grant-making trusts and knowing how to go about creating a winning application.
Who’s it for?
- Directors and managers of charities – youth work related & others
- Fundraisers supporting charities
- Others wanting to raise funds for projects
How do you fund the work you are doing? That’s the perennial question facing many charities and small organisations. Often the task falls to the staff you already have, rather than a specialist fundraising team. But how do you go about it, especially when there are so many organisations competing for a limited pool of funds? This day is for any charity or small organisation, whether you are focused on youth ministry or not – to get the knowledge and skills you need to make fundraising work for you.
Over the course of the day your main tutor, Chris Curtis, will share his thirty years experience of fundraising for Youthscape. It’s a practical session that will look at successful application and pinpoint what worked, as well as providing you with a list of possible Trusts and Foundations to approach. You’ll learn some vital tips and tricks to ensure your applications don’t get dismissed, and which allow you to get to know the people making the grants and earn their trust.
- Where to find potential grant-making trusts and how to research them
- How to approach grant-making trusts and develop ongoing relationships and connections
- How to structure and compose grant applications that secure funding
- How to develop a successful fundraising strategy using different sources of income beyond grants
- How to provide effective feedback and reports for grant-making trusts.
All delegates receive a training pack containing a range of ready-to-use worksheets and resources, a Certificate of Attendance, and 10% off all Youthscape resources purchased on the day. Price £50.