Mental Health – Emotional Wellbeing and Resilience
7th November @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Mental wellbeing has a huge impact on every area of a young person’s life, from their ability to learn, flourish socially/emotionally and make healthy choices. As professionals, we are seeing increasing numbers of young people showing signs of poor mental health and a lack of resilience skills to weather the storms of adolescence.
This training provides key insight into understanding adolescent mental health and brain development, along with the skills to recognise the indicators of an underlying mental health concern and the tools to support. The course gives free downloadable resources to compliment your work whether that be in a 1:1 setting in school, youth work or mentoring, as well as whole school/organisational approaches to improving wellbeing.
- An overview of the state of adolescent mental health in the UK, including latest statistics.
- An overview of mental health conditions.
- An understanding of adolescent brain development.
- Developing resilience and wellbeing
- Recognising and responding to challenges to resilience- failure, loss and stress.
- An introduction to resources to support young people.
The course runs from 10pm to 1pm. Drinks and light refreshments provided and each delegate receives a training pack, certificate upon completion of the course and 10% off all Youthscape resources.