Mentoring Young People
25th January @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Whether in a coffee shop, school or church, working with young people 1:1 is an indispensable part of youth work. So how do we best support young people in a mentoring environment?
This training day is run by Youthscape. During the course of the day they will cover different mentoring models and styles, help you put these into practice in various contexts and assist you with all the practicalities such as effective record keeping. As part of this they will ask:
- What are the different purposes of working 1:1 with young people?
- How does context change the way we operate?
- How can we best present our services to schools?
- What kind of mentor are you?
- How do you recruit and manage a team of mentors?
This is one of the Youthscape ‘Equipping Days’. Price per day £50 (buy two, get one half price)