This 3-hour training, run by Self Harm Uk, is their Essential Knowledge course. It is ideal for those who want to a basic understanding of self-harm as a relevant resource for their work with young people. The training covers the following:
- An overview of the latest research on the extent of self-harm among young people and the particular groups at highest risk
- An understanding of why young people self-harm and key steps to help young people reduce their harming
- How to respond to self-harm disclosure
- Alternative coping strategies for individuals who self-harm
- An understanding of physical and emotional indicators of self-harm
- The impact of online communities and social media
- Where to refer young people to specialist support for self-harm and an introduction to the resources that are available.
Cost is £45.