13th March @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
With Mental Health services stretched, and thresholds for specialist support increasingly harder to meet, youth workers are finding themselves filling the gap. This day will equip you with the skills and resources to confidently offer support.
Whether in a coffee shop, school or church, working with young people 1:1 is an indispensable part of youth work. Led by Director of Youthscape Luton Jemimah Woodbridge, this day will equip you with both knowledge and resources that will aid you as you support young people who face complex social and emotional challenges.
- Responding to complex social and emotional needs
- How to create a therapeutic mentoring environment
- Therapeutic tools and resources for mentoring (Practical Workshop)
- Developing a threshold document and a signposting procedure (Practical Workshop)
- How do you recruit and manage a team of mentors?