The Bishop of St Albans’ Harvest Appeal 2016 –
we are delighted to thank you and announce the total received: £61,130.00.
Last year we supported WaterAid to bring clean, safe water to rural communities in Madagascar.
WaterAid have published their own news story, stating, “we are absolutely thrilled by the amazing support from churches and schools within the Diocese of St Albans ….” – read more: WaterAid
Thank you for all your interest, feedback and generous support for this project. The message of providing clean, safe water has been positively and enthusiastically received and, as a result of your generosity, many lives in Madagascar are being transformed.
An interim report has been received outlining developments made in Madagascar in the last 6 months, read it here: Life-giving Water – Madagascar
- Churches and Schools – please send your cheque for the total of all donations, including any Gift Aid reclaimed, made payable to St Albans DBF , to The Bishop’s Harvest Appeal 2016, Holywell Lodge, 41 Holywell Hill, St Albans AL1 1HE, or
- As an individual, you can give on-line here – click on the ‘Harvest’ droplet to continue:
The launch of Life-giving Water
… took place in May and June this year and included 3 events in which all our Bishops participated:
- Bishop Alan met guests at The Waffle House, St Albans, which houses a working watermill from 16th century,
- Bishop Richard led an assembly at Holywell Middle School and, with the pupils there participated in a challenge on the World Record attempt for a ‘pupil pipeline’,
- Bishop Michael hosted a themed coffee morning at The Hailey Centre (over 55’s) in Sawbridge, which included their clients icing cakes and enjoying vanilla flavoured deserts as we focused on the country of Madagascar.
Enjoy these photos:
Please visit our Harvest Appeal Resources page for further ideas and thing to help you promote this valuable Appeal.