Our Community Care Group support clergy and parishes in understanding the needs of a full range of disabled people, older people and their carers.
The group responds to individual queries and has organised a number of training days on different aspects of care. Over the past few years a number of training days have been held looking at issues of mental health, support to carers and working with residential care homes.
You can download from here a copy of our Access Guidelines, which covers thoroughly issues of inclusivity.
CONTACT: Group Chair – Revd Barry Pate
Diocesan Synod presentation – March 2013:
‘Venerable and Vulnerable’ – what an ageing population needs from the church
The report ‘Many Blessings’ made to Diocesan Synod is available here: Many Blessings Report
- Useful Organisations for Older People – prepared Feb 2013
- Guidelines – for researching the needs of Older People living in Residential Care
- Questionnaire – relating to Guidelines above
The outcome:- ‘This Synod encourages:-
- every parish in the Diocese to research the needs of older people within their parish, both at home and in residential care and to develop strategies to play their part in meeting the needs,
- parishes which do not have a Care Home within their boundaries to play their part in supporting neighbouring parishes in this ministry and to work together in Deaneries.’
Download Synod Motion here – Motion March 2013