Community and Justice Network (CJN)
‘Transforming Communities‘ forms an important part of our ‘Living God’s Love’ strategy. The Community and Justice Network (CJN) supports initiatives and projects seeking to make known God’s love and His Kingdom values, among people in local communities across our diocese.
CJN Support Fund
This Fund is set aside to support new Projects, Action or Initiatives that directly seek to address issues of local concern and need. Each year, grants from the CJN Support Fund can be awarded to help start-up new work of a ‘social responsibility / justice’ nature – to apply, please use this CJN Support Application Form
- How much is a CJN Support Grant? Typically, between £200 and £600 (full details of the project/action are requested on the application form, and there is some discretion to approve a higher amount, if appropriate)
- Who can apply?
- Parish Churches
- Local Charities
- Community Groups
Below are the approved 2019 CJN Support Grants
- Day Conference on Mental Health Awareness, – 19 October 2019 – this new Session, open to all, is a follow-up to the ‘Welcome & Inclusion Training Day’ held last autumn, in which our welcome in church to people who live with mental ill-health, was explored.
- #Beating-Knives – involving the churches across Luton Deanery, this initiative seeks to educate and engage with people in that area, to help tackle the problem of serious violence.
‘Social Responsibility’ – Opportunities & Events:
Rural parishes may be interested in this exciting new Leadership Programme – running October 2019 – May 2021 – offered by Germinate:
StEPs is an award -winning not-for-profit community interest company, offering a range of services throughout Hertfordshire and beyond. In November 2019, a couple of new, local, free ‘Drop-In Sessions for Women & Girls’ are starting – their invitation: “Pop in and chat about anything in a safe, welcoming environment, have a free cup of tea, with no judgement.”
- Every Monday 9.30 – 11.30am at The Beech House, 81 St Peter’s Street, St Albans AL1 3EG
- Every Friday 10am – 12noon at The Enchanted Tea Rooms, 71 High Street, Redbourn AL3 7LW
Flyer available here if you wish to advertise these Drop-Ins for Women in your church.