Under the Diocesan Strategy of ‘Living God’s Love’, the Church Growth Officers are working to assist and encourage churches in their numerical and spiritual growth, and in service of their communities.
The following Zoom Cafes are planned this Summer , open to all and, ‘No question is a silly question!:
- 25th June – ‘Opening Up’ questions with Archdeacon Jane Mainwaring
- 2nd July – Evangelism as we emerge from lockdown with Harry Steele
- 9th July – Young People and their mental health with Clare Banham
- 16th July – A focus on Children – End of Term and Holiday Provision with Margaret Pritchard-Houston
Zoom Cafes Listing with some further details and contact information here: ZOOM CAFES – SUMMER 2020
The Church Growth Officers work primarily with inherited and established forms of church and focus on the key areas of:
- Planning for Mission; the process and the journey of MAP (Booklet 1)
- Resourcing for Mission; stewardship and growing generous giving (Booklet 2)
- Equipping for Mission; workshops, Learning Communities and Leading Your Church into Growth conferences (Booklet 3)
Further resources have also been shared on the Diocesan website in response to the COVID-19 crisis which you can find using the link below:
Experience shows us that our work is most effective when parishes engage our services for a longer time frame – usually a year or so. In this way, we seek to build relationships and be more focused in our work. We find that single ‘one-off’ parish visits have a limited benefit.
Our work can involve a range of working practices; mentoring, networking, practical resources e.g. assistance with a Giving campaign. We also offer to facilitate MAP sessions with PCCs or Ministry teams.
Our work within parishes is discerned with the local Ministry team and we tailor our approach to each context.
Please do be in touch to discuss your parish’s needs. The church Growth team is led by the Rev’d Kate Peacock, email Kate
It is our prayer to grow the Church of God in number, in spiritual depth and with energy and vitality.