Under the Diocesan Strategy of ‘Living God’s Love’, the Flourishing Churches Team (Church Growth Officers) work to assist and encourage churches in their numerical and spiritual growth, and in service of their communities.
Spring 2021 – Thursday Zoom Cafes & Webinars – open to all and, ‘No question is a silly question! No need to book, just join us here.
- March 4th – 2pm – 3.15 Doing online better with Dave Jones
Dave Jones will be helping us to think through “How to do Online Church Well”. Dave is now the Vicar at St John’s, Beckenham but previously worked in our RNP team at St Albans, he’s an amazing encyclopaedia of info around this subject. This webinar is for anyone who is thinking of different ways of reaching new people with their online worship in a creative, vibrant, interactive way. All questions welcome. Book your place here.
- March 11th 3pm – 4.15pm – Planning for Easter: Resources, Tips, Regulations, Safety etc…
Does what it says on the tin – all things Easter discussed. How to share the greatest news of all time in these times?
- April 17th 9.30am – 12 noon. Mission Action Planning Refresh.
A guide to the Mission Action Planning process using a new tool. New Year, New Plans. Guiding you through the Mission Action Planning process, using a practical new tool. As always with planning, this works best if you bring a team – so please join us with PCC members and anyone interested from your parish. Book your place here. NB Zoom details will be emailed to you closer to the date.
- June 16th 10am – 3pm. Growing Generous Giving.
This day, focusses on the key areas of generous giving, including the theology of money; our preaching, to encourage and nurture generous disciples and the PCC member/chair whose role is to encourage and fundraise for mission and ministry. Join us on zoom. Book here.
In June 2020, our Church Growth Officers offered these two new items:
- What have we had to start doing that we will need to stop? – This grid provides a simple planning tool to work through personally, or with a Ministry Team or PCC. It takes you through a reflection and a forward planning approach that is brilliantly simple , on a single A4 sheet! We hope this simple tool helps your thinking as it has definitely already helped ours!
- Supported Thinking – for many of us talking through our issues and examining them with a trusted individual or group is incredibly useful and offers us insights and perspectives that we may not otherwise have seen. We offer both group thinking and individual 1:1s to support you at this time and going forward. Do get in touch if this is useful for you – email Kate Peacock
The Church Growth Officers work primarily with inherited and established forms of church and focus on the key areas of:
- Planning for Mission; the process and the journey of MAP (Booklet 1)
- Resourcing for Mission; stewardship and growing generous giving (Booklet 2)
- Equipping for Mission; workshops, Learning Communities and Leading Your Church into Growth conferences (Booklet 3)
Further resources have also been shared on the Diocesan website in response to the COVID-19 crisis which you can find using the link below:
Experience shows us that our work is most effective when parishes engage our services for a longer time frame – usually a year or so. In this way, we seek to build relationships and be more focused in our work. We find that single ‘one-off’ parish visits have a limited benefit.
Our work can involve a range of working practices; mentoring, networking, practical resources e.g. assistance with a Giving campaign. We also offer to facilitate MAP sessions with PCCs or Ministry teams.
Our work within parishes is discerned with the local Ministry team and we tailor our approach to each context.
Please do be in touch to discuss your parish’s needs. The church Growth team is led by the Rev’d Kate Peacock, email Kate
It is our prayer to grow the Church of God in number, in spiritual depth and with energy and vitality.
Follow us on Facebook