Living God’s Love At All Times: One-Stop-Shop
‘Living God’s Love at all times’ is a resource to help parishes, schools and chaplaincies through the challenges and changes of the Coronavirus pandemic.
These pages will develop over the coming days with advice, resources and information to help parishes continue to serve their communities at this time.
Click on the images or links below for more.
On this page:
- Latest Coronavirus Guidance for Churches
- Opening Church Buildings
- Prayer Resources
- Liturgy and Worship
- Daily Hope – dial up by phone
- Digital Services
- ‘How to’ guides for digital communications
- Information on maintaining well-being
- Information on finance and giving
Information – please check frequently
- Latest Coronavirus (Covid-19) Guidance for Churches from The Church of England
- FAQs include advice on weddings, funerals and caring for church buildings (scroll down)
- Archdeacons’ and Registar’s Wedding FAQs (V6 07.07.20)
- The Faculty Office gives advice about legal matters, emergency situations etc.
- This page on stalbans.anglican.org gives further local buildings advice and updated advice from Ecclesiastical on preparing buildings for opening and opening for private prayer.
- Churchwardens’ Updates April-May 2020
Church of England advice on Weddings, Baptisms, Funerals, Holy Communion, Confirmations and Individual Private Prayer
*NEW* FACE COVERINGS TO BE MANDATORY IN CHURCH FROM 8TH AAUGUST. INTERIM GUIDANCE here.
Information about the safe use of church and community halls
Supported Thinking from the Flourishing Churches Team
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) liturgy and prayer resources from The Church of England and other churches
- Downloadable and printable prayers from The Church of England
- A Service of Daily prayer from The Church of England
A Wild Worship Field Guide for praying while walking (especially rural walks). External content from the Sanctuary Centre
Liturgy and Worship – together but separate
Sunday Worship – 9th August – 9th Sunday of Trinity
Welcome to Praying Together but Separately – Order of Service
Children’s video from Margaret Pritchard Houston: ‘Walking on Water’
NB read this alongside the C of E FAQ –Can we worship outside?
Holiday Sermons for July, August and September 2020
Sunday Sermons will be added week by week, for download as video files from the preceding Tuesday and live on YouTube from 0800 on the particular Sunday. Transcripts in pdf format are also available (these work with text readers so meet accessibility criteria.)
Some parish streamed services can be found via achurchnearyou.com
Services by phone
Daily Hope – dial 0800 804 8044 for prayer, reflection, music and worship services from the Church of England. A weekly service is available from 9 am every Sunday.
SPCK materials copyright free for use digitally:
“Churches and charities will usually be able to use material from our books digitally free of charge including in streamed services. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more on how you might do this.”
Some children’s ministry examples:
- Family Resources
‘Worship at Home – Journeying with Jacob’ (These resources have been adapted from the ‘God in this Place’ schools’ Lent resources to have a school- and home-facing aspect)
Digital Services – Broadcasting and national resources
‘How to’ guides for digital communications
- A beginner’s guide to going live with your service or event for free from The Church of England
- How to set up to film a video on your phone from The Church of England
- How to create a Facebook page for your church from The Church of England
- Getting started with Mailchimp from The Church of England
- Streaming Worship advice including technical advice from the Diocese
- ‘Streamed service’ graphics for websites, for download (right click on the link and save)
Canon Dr Tim Bull has put this together: Reflections one Well-Being: Theological and Practical
Revd Kate Peacock’s contributes to this topic: Self Care – Covid 19
From the ‘Tragedies and Christian Congregations Project’: updated ‘Thoughts for Ministers’
From Luton Council of Faiths: Supporting Your Mental Health
Support Hub at Sheldon: https://www.sheldonhub.org/
The C of E guidance on mental health at this time:
And more specifically for ministers here:
A link about collective trauma. There is also some work done on the grief cycle based on Kubler Ross’s work.
St Luke’s for Clergy’s: “Thoughts from a trauma-informed perspective on the Covid-19 crisis”
- Bishop Alan’s video on ‘Generosity’
- The Diocese’s webpage on Giving Generously to God’s Church
- A guide from the national church, updated 1.6.20: Access to Government Financial Support
- Parish Resources guidance on encouraging online donations including a short animated film that can be personalised to a parish through achurchnearyou.com
- See Parish Buying’s promotion for online giving
- Sign up for the next Church of England webinar for online giving
- Fundraising advice for churches from Ecclesiastical