Mothers’ Union in St Albans Diocese
Mothers’ Union is a Christian mission organisation working through grassroots membership to support families and communities around the world through projects, prayer, policy change and fellowship.
There are just over 1800 members of Mothers’ Union locally; women and men of all ages, married or single, with and without children.
- Work in Family Contact Centres across the diocese
- Make and supply hospitals with cot blankets, clothes for premature babies and gowns for stillborn babies
- Raise funds for ‘Away From It All’ holidays which allows families under stress to go on holiday
- Provide emergency wash bags and cheer-up bags for adults and young patients in local hospitals
- Facilitate parenting groups
- Provide ‘Memory Books’ for older patients
- Link with Australia, Nigeria, Zambia and South Africa
- Support many worldwide projects such as:
- The Literacy and Development Programme,
- Family Life Programme
- The Commercialisation of Childhood Project (in the UK)
Throughout all our work, prayer sustains and strengthens. A ‘Wave of Prayer’ goes around the world as members pray at midday wherever they are for the people and work of Mothers’ Union and for international issues.
Find out more on Mothers’ Union own website.