Adeyfield, St Barnabas (Centre of Worship) version: 1
Hemel Hempstead, St Barnabas, Adeyfield
Hemel Hempstead Team Ministry
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- A lot of people in Adeyfield identify St Barnabas as their church.
- Our parish has a high proportion of elderly people who were the first residents after relocating in the 1950's.
- Our parish also has a high proportion of young people with a significant amount of social deprivation.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Good buildings and central location in the community.
- Majority of those who come are local.
- The church is in the heart of the community and members want their resources to be used for God's Kingdom.
Vision (for five years' time)
St Barnabas is not just a physical building, but a place where people are truly welcomed in. It is a place where all who come will know the comfort, healing and restoration which Jesus can bring to them.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Grow deeper in teaching and prayer (mid week worship and house groups)
- Reaching out to make more disciples.
- Assist our community in giving of our time, money and buildings.
Goals (for the next year)
- Help parish members in need (plan to help 3)
- Have more fellowship times together as a church to get to know each other better (say 2)
- Have regular teaching in the week for the whole church.
- Present options for providing accessible toilets within a year for the main church.
- Look at the possibility of the development of the parish room for more community use.