Anstey, St George version: 4
Hormead, Wyddial, Anstey, Brent Pelham and Meesden
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- To listen to our families about the times and types of service. We visited them and listened to their responses. We then also improved communication with our own website and a weekly mail shot to the whole parish.
- To contribute to the benefice and support the Rector. The PCC is fully stocked and new people have volunteered to be part of a buildings sub-committee. The finances are under stress but sound. The spirits are good.
- To offer pastoral care in the community. The visitors team has received training and they meet regularly. The Rector has some time to visit due to the good support from the CWs and PCC.
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- We set up Messy Church with the Chapel. We had as strong start but attendance is fragile and very changeable. We have now joined with Meesden to attract more families.
- In visiting our families they all say what they would like and then don't come when it is offered!
Things seen about our local community
- There is good will towards the church which is not reflected in attendance.
- We are a close knit community.
- We are a stable, affluent population, and many work long hours.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- We send a mail chimp email to the whole benefice to raise our profile and invite people along.
- Local events are well supported (e.g. Village fair and quiz nights) - important the church plays a role at these events.
- Unsure about this point - finding good times for events and worship is difficult.
Vision (for five years' time)
We aim to be a welcoming church which offers a range of services attractive to all ages, and we aim to be a church which lives its mission to care for our neighbours.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
A stable congregation that has some success with children but not consistently. We are financially holding our own and our electoral roll is stable. Weekday attendance has grown for Morning Prayer. Occasional offices are an important part of the churches ministry.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To achieve a mixed age range congregation.
- To increase our average attendance.
- To maintain and strengthen our links with the community and especially the first school.
Goals (for the next year)
- To analyse the future of Messy Church here.
- To improve communication with the village website.
- To continue with the pastoral care in our community for the elderly and housebound and those who come for occasional offices.
- Fix the East window (25k) and the churchyard wall.
- To review our Harvest meal arrangements in order to attract more participants