Apsley End, St Mary version: 4
Langelei Team Ministry
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Loss of Apsley village community - now a dormitory of Hemel Hempstead.
- Fragmentation of family life.
- Significant new housing development - commuter population.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Absence of 18-25 year olds but good number of young families
- Changes in peoples' lifestyles.
- Two successful initiatives – Saturday Café and Messy Church
Vision (for five years' time)
A vibrant Christian community with a raised profile in Apsley and Nash Mills.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- St Mary's to become the centre of the new Apsley.
- To help Apsley become a community once again.
- To develop resources to enable 1. and 2. above to happen.
Goals (for the next year)
- To host a community forum to help the church better understand and serve its community.
- To produce an audit of church life and activities.
- To explore the possibility of establishing a communications group.
- To explore together with the congregation ways of developing home groups and other ways of Going Deeper Into God.
- SMART goals’ progress 2014-15 – Monthly Messy Church well-established; various fundraising events with church and community focus; continuation of events/services in the community e.g. carol singing outside Sainsbury’s, in local pub, in newly opened care home and occasional eucharists in church school; various nurture programmes – PILGRIM course, Lent film course, 5 adults preparing for confirmation and annual Quiet Day at Douai Abbey.