Ardeley, St Lawrence version: 2
Ardeley, Benington, Cottered with Throcking and Walkern
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Ours is a small rural parish consisting of the main village and smaller detached hamlets. It is off the beaten track but well visited as a centre for recreational activities and visitors to the Church Farm complex.
- The Ardeley "Forum" parish magazine goes monthly to every home in the parish.
- The church has excellent links with the community
Three things we have seen about our church
- The church benefits from its lively link with Ardeley School (Church Voluntary Aided)
- The church family is friendly and very supportive
- Our congregation is getting older but work with young people is very fruitful and there is a well-established monthly Family Service.
Vision (for five years' time)
A parish church that reviews its current activities and which shows a willingness to respond to change and fresh needs. A church that all can feel welcomed in and fully part of, and which continues to serve the whole parish pastorally. A church that is looking for opportunities to allow others to experience the possibilities opened up by faith and belief in God and which is showing them how this can be made real in everyday life through the Gospel of Christ.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Encourage people to be more involved and to take responsibilities within the church.
- Maintain and enhance the vital link with our church school.
- Keep our church building in good repair.
Goals (for the next year)
- Continue to encourage outreach to young people by bell ringing.
- Encourage young people to explore Confirmation.
- Introduce an occasional Family Eucharist
- To meet as many as possible of the quinquennial report recommendations on the church building
- Explore the involvement of young people in worship