Bayford, St Mary (inc. Brickendon, Holy Cross & St Alban) version: 1
Little Berkhamsted and Bayford, Essendon and Ponsbourne
Hertford and Ware
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Pleased to be part of the Hartford Hundred Group.
- Brickendon is a lively community with many activities.
- Both villages situated in a beautiful part of the world; Bayford has a bi-annual Gardens Open and a well supported CofE School.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Appreciated by the communities which they serve even if attendance does not always reflect it.
- Special services are extremely well attended, eg. Bayford Christingle and Brickendon Christmas Praise.
- Physical improvement to both buildings.
Vision (for five years' time)
We want to be congregations which are integral parts of the communities in which they are situated. We would like our buildings to become more flexible and to be used more frequently.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To grow leaders.
- To examine the layout of Brickendon Church re making it a good space for Quiet Days.
- To grow in faith.
Goals (for the next year)
- To grow more leaders for the Bayford Sunday Club so that this may become a weekly event.
- To put in a sound system at Bayford Church.
- To encourage a regular service plan and more lay leaders to assist.
- To ensure that Brickendon Church is 'on the map'.
- Group noticeboards for Bayford and Brickendon Churches.