Bennetts End, St Benedict version: 1
Langelei Team Ministry
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Bennetts End is part of the New Town of Hemel Hempstead, built in 1950s - an area often assocated with deprivation.
- The original ex-London residents are very community minded, as are some younger residents.
- Home to a significant number of Pakistani Muslims - 14% pupils at Longdean Secondary sch and a small active mosque within parish
Three things we have seen about our church
- A modern style church, built as a mission church, situated at the very heart of the community.
- Congregation is increasing quietly. Core of original residents now elderly, a growing number of local people, younger families.
- The family feel of the Church is remarked upon by visitors who find it friendly and welcoming.
Vision (for five years' time)
We fully support the Benefice of Langelei's mission statement: To bring Christ to the Community and the Community to Christ. Stemming from this our own mission statement is: To grow in our Christian faith, our witness and our service to this community. In 5 years time we would want to be described as a friendly, welcoming and generous community who are living out our faith by serving and supporting the neighbourhood, the Benefice and the town.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To grow - in numbers, in witness and service.
- To offer good quality opportunities for children of all ages to develop their faith and their sense of belonging.
- To improve the physical environment of the Church buildings to make them accessible for all.
Goals (for the next year)
- Provide a consistent Junior Church on 2 Sundays per month.
- Offer an attractive and appropriate activity for our teenagers, set up a discussion group on 1 Sunday per month.
- Send out anniversary cards for all children baptized at St Benedict's in the past 3 years.
- Draw up plans for a new disabled toilet that would be accessible to everyone.
- Fundraising to make the building of a disabled toilet a reality.