Biddenham, St James version: 3
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- We live in a rapidly changing community, which includes extensive new housing in Great Denham, and is becoming more diverse.
- Our community is a mixture of busy families, as well as the isolated, frail and elderly.
- Our parish is composed of three distinct and largely unconnected areas, two of which not fully represented in church life.
Three things we have seen about our church
- We are a growing congregation, and our age profile is getting younger.
- We are open and welcoming to new ideas, young families and people from all backgrounds, we are capable of attracting people to major events.
- We have a well-run and well-kept historic building, which is open during the day, but which absorbs a lot of time, financial resources and energy.
Vision (for five years' time)
That the Parish would see us as caring for the whole community and sharing the good news of the Gospel in a meaningful way, and that they would experience God's love flowing into the community through us.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Equipping our congregation through Diocesan training, prayer, Bible Study and other study groups.
- Becoming a more mission-minded congregaton and reaching out to Great Denham and Deep Spinney.
- Identifying needs in the community and responding to them.
Goals (for the next year)
- Engage more actively with the residents of Great Denham by seeking to partially fund and support a Pioneer Minister, and by expanding the men's group to the Golf Club or elsewhwere in Great Denham.
- Deepen the spiritual life of the Church by broadening the Bible Study Group to include prayer.
- To equip our congregation for mission by engaging Diocesan support to inspire Church members to be more effective in mission.
- Improve our communication by promoting four specific services for young families per year.