Biggleswade, St Andrew version: 2
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Communication - need to communicate better with congregation and be more aware of world issues.
- Links - we have lots of links but we need to better understand the people and organisations we have links with. We should develop greater depth and value them more.
- Growing population - town is growing rapidly, a larger community to serve and work with.
Three things we have seen about our church
- All the different groups within the church need to develop a shared vision of the whole church.
- We are already very active and have to avoid being too busy. Need to focus on the right things.
- We are already a broad and growing church and would like to continue to grow and broaden further.
Vision (for five years' time)
St Andrew's Church; worshipping God with joy, growing in faith, serving with love, and welcoming all.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Ensure the whole church owns the vision statement.
- Encourage everyone to grow in faith, in both the church community and wider community.
- Develop a wider and deeper sense of welcome, fellowship and belonging, involving everyone.