Bishop’s Stortford, St Michael version: 1
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- People wish to be involved, to take part, to volunteer, to help both young people and the elderly.
- People appreciate the historic and community feel of Bishop's Stortford, and its good living environment (low level deprivation).
- A high proportion work (72%) and 41% of these in high-level work - (London) commuters.
Three things we have seen about our church
- We feel we are a welcoming community, always open and open to all.
- Art and music are important to us, both in and outside of worship.
- We appreciate the links with have with other churches (CTBS etc.) and with the schools.
Vision (for five years' time)
To be a welcoming and transforming community of people who know, love, and serve God
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To broaden the knowledge of God through preaching, teaching, study and awareness.
- To deepen our love of God through worship, prayer, and fellowship.
- To widen our service of God through outreach, compassion, care, and contact in the town and worldwide.
Goals (for the next year)
- Production of the Parish Profile and the appointment and installation of a new incumbent.
- A long-term plan to remove the financial deficit encumbering the church.
- The pursuit and progress of Social Media for St Michael's.
- Increasing the use of the Windhill Churches Centre.
- Improving the information on accuracy of the database with a view to encourage leadership.