Boxmoor, St John the Evangelist version: 4
Revd Mike Macey
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Many who live in the parish travel to work elsewhere, leading to pressurised working lives and little recreational spare time.
- The area is perceived to be modestly prosperous with high house prices, but there are very real areas of deprivation.
- The parish has eight schools, a hospital under threat, one residential care home, a day centre for adults with learning difficulties, and a sports centre opposite St John's church visited by far more people than come to the church.
Vision (for five years' time)
By 2021 the church in the Parish of Boxmoor will be a vibrant, all-age and welcoming church, where faith is nurtured, new disciples are made and encouraged on their journey, and the love of God is spread far and wide in the community through service and worship.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Spiritual growth, determining exactly what people require.
- Make and nurture new disciples, both youth and elderly, but not forgetting the neglected age brackets between.
- Keep the parish finances on an even keel, taking great care not to allow any financial turbulence to distract from the Christian life of the church.
Goals (for the next year)
- For the Ministry Team to be active in every school in the Parish.
- Hold bi-monthly Bible Studies and discussion groups.
- Publicise that we are a church which is alive and kicking
- Facilitate transport to services where the need arises.
- Support families following Pastoral Offices via greater communication concerning the life of the Parish.