Bramfield, St Andrew version: 7
The Beane Valley Benefice
Hertford and Ware
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- The altar has been moved to allow the priest the face the congregation (our map goal 5). Plans for the kitchen are progressing (Map goal 3)
- We deepen prayer, fellowship and pastoral care through our Wednesday Morning Prayer and termly lunches (our map goal 2 and 4)
- We are developing a culture of invitation to special services eg Harvest All Souls, Christmas(our map goal 4)
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- The regular congregation remains small despite continuing to develop publicity and a culture of invitation.
Things seen about our local community
- The world has changed rapidly in recent years. People live in the present, not in the light of eternity.
- There is a positive attachment to the church provided they are not expected to attend. People are reluctant to commit. Static attendance at church.
- Fabric of church and churchyard is generally good.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- We have been opening the church on Sundays after services April to October. We reach out to our community through the occasional offices, garden of remembrance, links with the school and food bank.
- We offer regular confirmation courses and baptism preparation and weekly worship in Stapleford School. We seek to engage with the community building on existing contacts, publicising our work/events in the Parish News, web site and noticeboards, sharing in village events.
- Lists of 10 in the monthly Parish News promote the understanding of Christian faith and life in accessible bite-sized pieces. Work to carry out quinquennial work and regular maintenance is ongoing.
Vision (for five years' time)
A loving, welcoming, outward looking Christian community, serving the village and beyond.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To be confident of God's love and purpose in a rapidly changing society, faithful in prayer and worship.
- To nurture faith inside and outside church (congregation and newcomers and schools).
- To make church more accessible - buildings / communication / invitations - to be visible in and serve the community.
Goals (for the next year)
- OUTREACH - plan a ‘Becket Pilgrimage’ around the village for the 850th anniversary of his murder in 1170.
- WELCOME – apply to install a simple kitchen
- WORSHIP- investigate a votive candle stand
- PRAYER - provide aids to prayer in the church porch and on our website
- CONNECT with our village through a new Facebook page in addition to seasonal events and displays, invitations to services and new benefice bereavement support