Brent Pelham, St Mary the Virgin version: 3
Hormead, Wyddial, Anstey, Brent Pelham and Meesden
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- Prepare and execute the 3 Major festivals with emphasis on families. All three festivals are all age worship with activities for children and depth and spirituality for all.
- Make arrangements so the Rector can attend more services. The whole benefice rota has been re-worked to allow for this from which has grown greater pastoral work and contact.
- Support the parents who help with the Family Services so their involvement becomes established. In progress.
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- Budget - been under considerable strain. Generous givers have left the village.
- The roof needs urgent repair (100k) and we have so far been unsuccessful in grant applications.
Things seen about our local community
- We are blessed to live in a beautiful part of England.
- We are a small and close knit community.
- Economic pressure exists and working hours are demanding for many.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- Training and encouragement for our Parish Visitors to live out our care of our community.
- Using a charitable fund for a family in need. Serious economic hardship can be hidden here.
- Widened our group of sides people to offer welcome and recruited new people onto the PCC.
Vision (for five years' time)
We are a healthy village church that provides teaching and worship that engages children and young families in the life of the church, whilst continuing to nurture the spirituality of older people. We demonstrate pastoral love and concern to all villagers, and we play our part in contributing to the life of the benefice.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
A consistently small congregation but with a growing mid-week attendance. We have a stable electoral roll and major festivals attract the majority of them.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Support the Rector as she develops her preaching, worship and pastoral ministry.
- Progress our outreach to young families and continue in our pastoral care.
- To maintain the building so it is warm and welcoming.
Goals (for the next year)
- Prepare and execute the 3 major festivals (Easter, Carols & Harvest) with emphasis on families.
- Support the parents who help with Family Services so their involvement becomes established.
- Make arrangements so the Rector can attend more services (Communion by Ext).
- Draw up a new 5 year budget, and seek renewed financial support from the village.
- Fix the roof.