Bushey, Holy Trinity version: 3
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Diverse population and growth in the area which is not reflected in church growth alongside a lack of Christian education in early childhood.
- Unstable world.
- Breakdown of family life and values and increasing stress.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Fast-pace changes in the Church of England.
- Thriving Sunday School and Youth Sector as a result of fresh expressions and outreach.
- We have been aware of a greater awareness of the presence of the churches in our community.
Vision (for five years' time)
A Parish recognised as attractive to everyone by being an important part of our community.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Sustainable congregations for all age groups.
- Church buildings 'fit for purpose'.
- A programme for spiritual education and growth.
Goals (for the next year)
- A 20% increase in average attendance across the parish in one year.
- To continue to develop, establish and support teams to resource Pioneer Ministry and to welcome the growth that it brings across our three churches and the Little Reddings area.
- By the end of May to have submitted all outstanding reports and financial statements.
- In planning a second Giving in Grace campaign for 2017 we hope to grow spiritually (by investing more in people) and numerically (a target of 40% increase in CMF/stewardship was achieved in 2014).
- Within the next 12 months to complete a review and implement a five/ten year plan of the parish property estate, to ensure we provide facilities appropriate to the needs of present and future users.