Bushmead Christ Church (Centre of Worship) version: 2
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- The formation of Luton Roma Church under our previous incumbent
- Ongoing involvement in Social Action Projects e.g. Azelia, Street Pastors, Debt Advice.
- Some good contacts made with local people through our basics courses.
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- Basics courses did not lead to new people attending our church on a regular basis. Reason - lack of confidence from congregation members in sharing faith and inviting people to our social events and basics courses.
Things seen about our local community
- Need for local people to meet socially.
- Little engagement with church by local community.
- Very few attending basics Course e.g. Alpha.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- We set up community cafe in church - increased to twice a week in 2017.
- New Incumbent recommenced communion visits to care homes. He is active in trusteeship of the New Community Hub - formerly the community centre run by Luton Borough Council. We have begun open air worship in the community e.g. Remembrance 2017.
- We have our own personal evangelism course attended regularly by up to 20 people from our church on a regular basis. This aims to raise people’s confidence in drawing people into Alpha etc.
Vision (for five years' time)
A Holy Spirit filled Bible Based Church, confident in sharing their faith in Christ and making new disciples.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
Much fewer occasional offices than in the past
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Going deeper into God through good challenging Bible teaching and home-group study. We have 7 small groups and look to increase that.
- Deepening and enriching our Sunday and Midweek Church Worship.
- Being visible in the community and engaging the community through a) Acts of loving service e.g. car washing, free cafe days. b) Open air worship and witness in the Bushmead area. c) community lunches increasing witness content through faith sharing epilogues etc.
Goals (for the next year)
- Increase our knowledge of each other through church social activities as church family but also men's and ladies social activities
- Increase our understanding of and application of scripture through Sunday teaching and home-group study.
- Increase our visibility through open air services and personal witness and draw more people into basic Christianity courses by growing confidence in personal witness.
- Further develop our 'Messy Church' and children's and youth groups
- Maintain our social action involvement in Luton.