Caldecote, All Saints version: 2
Caldecote, All Saints
Caldecote, Northill and Old Warden
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- To celebrate the way in which our baptism practice has helped us to engage with the families who come to us for baptism
- To celebrate the continuing importance of the Mothers Union within the parish
- To reflect upon the fact that growth is slow
Things seen about our local community
- The challenge of Making New Christians.
- The lack of general interest in spiritual matters.
- The privileged place we still have in village life as the parish church.
Vision (for five years' time)
We wish to have a congregation which is more representative of the spread of ages within the community and a larger number of people committed to the life of the church. We hope to be financially more secure and to have a firmer foundation for our outreach, both from within our own resources and in partnership with our Methodist colleagues.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
Much as we were
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To maintain and develop a visible Christian Presence within the community.
- To continue to maintain our church building and make it more open to the community.
- To deepen our personal commitment and to bear witness to the gospel within our community.
Goals (for the next year)
- To renew our outreach through a complete revision of our baptism practice and follow-up. This has been carried out and has been seen to be a great success. We noted that we need to continue to build upon this. To take this further to try to integrate baptism families into the life of the church
- To rebuild the excellent relationship we once had with the village school and to reach out to children and parents in this way.
- To continue to support the work of the Mothers Union in the parish
- To use the occasion of our 150th anniversary next year as an opportunity to raise our profile within the community and to invite more people to join us for the varied events planned
- To renew the heating and lighting within the church building especially with needs of the elderly and frail in mind.