Chalgrave, All Saints version: 2
Toddington and Chalgrave
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Small rural community of two hamlets.
- Many families go back generations, mostly working on the land.
- People appreciate the church and want it there for baptisms, weddings & funerals, but don't necessarily want to be involved in its life or responsible for its future.
Three things we have seen about our church
- We are welcoming and hospitable and eager to share our faith.
- We are now open to change and ready to adapt to today's needs.
- We have very limited financial resources and struggle to look after our well-loved ancient Grade 1 listed building.
Vision (for five years' time)
We would like to be known as a vital part of community life, building strong relationships and sharing our faith with generosity and joy.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Develop and grow our faith individually and together.
- Share our faith in the village by being more visible in our worship, outreach and pastoral care.
- Build stronger relationships with local people - taking the church out to them rather than expecting them to come to us; being more involved in village events.
Goals (for the next year)
- To continue to re-introduce worship which is in tune with our traditional rural life, ie. Rogation tide, Lammas, animal / pet services of blessing.
- Make greater use of beautiful churchyard by addressing conservation issues, ie. bee & insect populations, wild flower protection, and also offering it as a quiet garden and haven of peace.
- Ensure we take part in village social life, ie. panto, fete, quiz nights, etc. PCC meetings to take place in The Plough whenever possible.
- Take full advantage of learning opportunities offered locally and within diocese.
- Use our church building more widely, offering it to the community as a venue for concerts and fundraising events, as well as promoting it as a place of historic interest.