Chorleywood, St Andrew version: 5
Chorleywood, St Andrew
Chorleywood, St Andrew
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- Growth in outreach ministries to young families (Toddlers and Funday Sunday)
- Growth in church attendance (up by 10% on last mission statistics)
- Progress in building a culture of Volunteering.
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- Evangelism and Discipleship
Things seen about our local community
- Rise in mental Health and identity issues
- Significant Loneliness for many sectors of our community (Elderly, Young parents)
- Closure of shops/ concern for local businesses/ worried about the future of Lower road.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- A weekly Friendship Club for the elderly
- Three Parents and Toddlers groups, including a baby group and Fathers and Toddlers Saturday am. Circle of Security Parenting Course. Invites to Funday Sunday and daytime Alpha.
Vision (for five years' time)
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Acts 2:42 “I continue to dream and pray about a revival of holiness in our day that moves forth in mission and creates authentic community in which each person can be unleashed through the empowerment of the Spirit to fulfil God's creational intentions.” John Wesley 5 Core Values - Pursuing Jesus, Intimate Worship, Authentic Community, Ministry in the Power of the Holy Spirit, Urgent OutreachCurrent Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
Overall growth +10%
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Develop a strategy for Evangelism and Discipleship (Eph 4:11-13), where people of all ages and all stages of faith can built up and become mature in Christ. Champion and equip Life Groups as environments of growth and discipleship.
- To play our part in enabling all people to encounter Jesus and be transformed by his love and power. Through Intimate Worship, Fervent Prayer, aligning our lives to God’s Word and ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit, we are sent out into the world.
- Build upon our existing Welcoming strategy with a more coherent and joined up plan which integrates all aspects of Church life.
Goals (for the next year)
- Promote monthly Funday Sundays to friends and fringe members, invite all people to Alpha Daytime/eve (Jan & Sept) and always plan post Alpha follow up. Promote Life Group membership and attendance. Youth Mentoring and investing in children’s ministry etc.
- Invest in every area of prayer and worship, including the technical equipment which will enhance our worship experience. To cast an enhanced vision of prayer, embracing a range of styles of prayer meetings both inside and outside of church throughout the week to encourage the St Andrews family to pray for revival, encounter and transformation.
- To cast the enhanced and joined up vision of ‘welcome’ at St Andrews and train a team to implement this vision.