Clifton, All Saints version: 6
Clifton and Southill
Ampthill and Shefford
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- Messy Church is established and provides fellowship and worship for families.
- We now have a Toddler Church, once a fortnight in the church.
- A Pilgrim Study Group has been established and developing those who are enquiring deeper about the Christian faith.
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- The Community Café did not meet the social needs in the community.
- We have young people in the Messy Church and we are seeking ways to develop their faith.
Things seen about our local community
- There is a degree of loneliness and social isolation among older people who live on their own.
- The new housing makes opportunity for RNP.
- From the local school choir we now have a junior church choir.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- The new All Age Worship is bringing in new families and making links with Messy Church.
- 5th Sunday services have strengthened links with the other church in the Benefice.
- Afternoon teas have been established on a fortnightly basis for older members of the community.
Vision (for five years' time)
That the Church will be seen as the centre of our villages to welcome, support and serve the needs of the community.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
A congregation that maintains a regular attendance. There has been a slight change in the age profile and some people no longer attend every week due to family commitments.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Going deeper into God – Improve the quality of our Worship.
- Making new disciples – Reach out in hospitality to those unconnected to church.
- Transforming communities – Engage in social action that addresses local needs.
Goals (for the next year)
- To have a church away day to Wintershall 2020.
- Begin Alpha groups.
- Establish a youth group for 8-12 year olds.
- Begin Alpha groups by 2018.
- Establish a junior choir.