Cockayne Hatley, St John the Baptist version: 1
Potton with Sutton and Cockayne Hatley
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Our parish consists of one small hamlet of 32 homes.
- Previously thriving fruit farming employing the whole community has long gone.
- Cockayne Hatley Hall used to allow us use of their kitchens, toilets and storage. We have lost this with new owners.
Three things we have seen about our church
- It is loved and admired, and famous for its beauty.
- We have a small but welcoming and committed congregation.
- The whole community supports our special services such as Christmas Carols and Harvest,
Vision (for five years' time)
Our vision is for intergenerational church. Our vision statement is for "A 15-strong intergenerational church by the year 2020".
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Making the church accessible for all, including installation of new toilet and kitchen facilities.
- Making the churchyard available to the community for wedding events, picnics and barbecues.
- Building a community hall/spiritual retreat centre on our field.
Goals (for the next year)
- To progress the planned toilet facility to completion.
- To facilitate the use of the unused part of our grassy churchyard for use by the community for family and community events.
- To undertake a feasibility study for a possible building on an unused part of our land as a retreat centre.
- Warmly to welcome newcomers to the village, invite and include them in our activities.
- To further build on our tourism outreach once toilet and kitchen facilities are in place.