Colmworth, St Denys version: 1
Wilden with Colmworth and Ravensden
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Colmworth is a small villae in n. Beds - 2010 population 391. 40 people on church electoral roll.
- Moved from a locally based agricultural economy to a more diverse base. Businesses in village.
- Many villagers aged 40-59, although a number of families with young children & some older villagers.
Three things we have seen about our church
- St Denys church is at the geographical centre of the village, with the Country Park adjoining.
- Church is historically significant (built 14th-16th Century), with interesting features.
- The church offers a range of services each month, which involve lay ministers, churchwardens & others.
Vision (for five years' time)
To continue to share the good news of the gospel of Jesus in Colmworth parish and as part of the benefice (with Wilden and Ravensden). We wish to be a functioning and sustainable church, both spiritually and financially.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To remain focused on active worship within the parish; reaching to all parts of the community.
- To continue our participation in fellowship and outreach events such as Coffee Stop, Lent Group, Harvest etc.
- To ensure that nos 1 and 2 above can be met through achieving the necessary work to the church fabric.
Goals (for the next year)
- To increase attendance at church (membership) by 5% (note: goal for next year or two).
- To hold an 'informal' Men's Breakfast - to include a short Christian 'thought'.
- To develop a Friends Group to support the financial and technical requirements for repair & maintenance.
- To 'feed in' Christian topics during our fund-raising events.
- To collaborate with other village organisations/groups to participate in joint events.