Dunstable, St Katherine of Genoa (LEP) version: 1
Dunstable Team Ministry
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- The adjacent shops seem to be very active and used by many. Any empty premises seem to be occupied quite quickly.
- Useful links with schools in the neighbourhood have been made and are being maintained.
- The Ecumenical links with the Anglicans have been particularly important for the continuing worship of St Katherine's.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Church is in the centre of the district. Downstairs premises have always been actively used by many groups from the district.
- Church members have managed and organized an active Youth Club for a number of years - & it continues to thrive.
- There is a great need to make our premises more accessible to the elderly and disabled (Worship Centre is upstairs).
Vision (for five years' time)
We would like to be a vibrant and growing Church with our goal as following Jesus and supporting his work and spreading the Gospel.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To encourage and support new people into our Congregation and Church family.
- To continue with our aim in making our Church an accessible and inclusive place for all.
- To continue our Mission Outreach in learning and supporting the various charities at home and abroad.
Goals (for the next year)
- To obtain and Surveyor's Report and Plans for the work needed to make our church more accessible.
- To explore and investigate ways of obtaining funding.
- To explore more social use of our Worship Centre and downstairs of premises & nurture the church family.
- To improve the setting for occasional worship downstairs.
- To open our premises more frequently to welcome passers-by and people from the district.