Felmersham, St Mary version: 2
Sharnbrook, Felmersham and Knotting with Souldrop
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- Monthly tea and cake in the church brings in visitors and locals, not just church regulars.
- Messy church is established and successful and school involvement increasing
- Shared worship in the Benefice
Benefice service at St. Mary's to celebrate our Patronal festival 2016
Which Living God's Love theme do you think it represents?
Things seen about our local community
- There is little structured work to help young people after age 10 to progress in Christian life in the parish, few families and children attend church.
- The building has a presence at the centre of the village. A place of focus which needs developing and further utilising for the wider community.
- The welcome and friendship of the church community is valued but there are still some who feel out of place
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- to be reviewed
- plans approved by DAC to develop the building for wider use
- involving wider community in plans for 800th celebrations
Vision (for five years' time)
A living, welcoming church with a clear vision of its mission to embrace the spiritual and other needs of all by being caring, inclusive, friendly, prayerful, diverse, flexible, open minded, confident, spiritual, musical and solvent.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
we have a core of regular worshippers but others who are willing to be involved
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To develop opportunities to grow ministry with the younger (under18) members of the parish.
- To make greater use of the church building to welcome more people and opportunities to take place in the building.
- To grow our confidence in our spiritual identity within the Anglican community.
Goals (for the next year)
- To establish a building renewal programme for our 800th anniversary, to look to the missional outreach work of the building into the C9 of its presence.
- To work with the school, parish council and wider parish to establish greater use of the building for celebrations and commemorations in the village
- To create opportunities for people to support the church financially for its continuance into the late 21stC through project opportunities, to allow ownership if not participation in worship
- To work closely with the Benefice to take part in the Christian year, its celebrations and commemorations, shaping our Anglican identity and sharing those with the wider community
- To encourage greater Lay participation in worship through leadership, preaching, sharing life stories, music and engaging with our young people.