Flitton, St John the Baptist version: 5
Silsoe, Pulloxhill and Flitton
Ampthill and Shefford
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- This is not our first MAP, but our previous MAP had lost its way and had become a ‘to-do’ list rather than a plan for Mission. We have therefore spent the last year going back to basics and starting again.
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- We made as much progress as we could, given our time constraints. Our aim is to do existing things better, rather than trying to do more than is practically possible
Things seen about our local community
- We have identified the need to engage better with the people who are on the edges of our church community, to help those that are interested to take the next step on their journey of faith.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- By developing this MAP which we will try to put into practice
Vision (for five years' time)
We are the church for everyone in Flitton, Greenfield and Wardhedges and our vision is to grow as a beacon of God's light in our community.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
..are not changing dramatically. However, Mission Statistics are not very helpful for a church as small as ours – the statistical validity of any analysis is weak.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Pastoral care
Goals (for the next year)
- Make time at alternate PCC meetings to discuss our three priorities and identify further goals
- Make services where we have a reasonable proportion of non-regular attenders (such as special services and festivals, and particularly Christmas) more accessible and give people a reason to return
- Arrange a ‘Songs of Praise’ service later in the year
- Find a way of getting feedback on how people feel about the services they attend
- Begin engagement with the new Head Teacher to develop new approaches to working together