Harpenden, St Nicholas version: 1
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Our communication with the wider community needs to be improved (eg. website. flyers, posters)
- We need to be more effective in our ecumenical relationships.
- We need to engage more in evangelism.
Three things we have seen about our church
- There is a desire for more opportunities for Spiritual growth (study groups, prayer).
- We need to be more welcoming to new-comers.
- We need to have more opportunities for fun and social time together.
Vision (for five years' time)
To be a lively community connecting with God's love in new and imaginative ways.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Spiritual Growth - ecumenically - build stronger relationships with other churches & website/media to promote spiritual growth.
- Involving Communities - provide a warmer welcome to St Nicholas beyond the physical building.
- Involving Communities - identify and connect with individuals and groups currently not visiting St Nicholas.
Goals (for the next year)
- Create at least one ecumenical Bible study group.
- Arrange periodic pulpit swaps with other denominations (at least twice a year).
- Set up an IT group across the parish to make best use of website and social media.
- Run quarterly Welcome Teas, training for Welcomers, and wear badges when the new Rector starts.
- Organise at least one large social event/party a year and continue to support the Youth Minister.