Harrold, St Peter and All Saints version: 3
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- The villages have many community assets - shops, schools, country park, village hall, clubs & organisations.
- Residents main concerns were crime, traffic and transport; needs identified as youth activities and support for carers.
- The schools are very outward looking, environmentally aware, and support charities including the CTHC Shoe Box Appeal.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Churches are actively involved in worshipping, studying and working together on a regular basis.
- All three churches see themselves as friendly & welcoming, but members are reluctant to invite people to services & events or to look at mission.
- There is a need for more community/social events to enable people to get to know one another and involve new people.
Vision (for five years' time)
A lively group of churches, welcoming, caring and outgoing; working closely together with activities for all age groups. Being seen and respected as a group affecting the wider community by their lives and actions.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To grow both the faith of our members and others in the community.
- To continue to respond to perceived needs of both individuals and the wider community.
- To be more outward looking in our welcome.
Goals (for the next year)
- To extend our welcome by looking at the provision for visitors.
- To continue to develop the new initiative of having a social programme.
- To encourage the St Peter's Friends Group.
- To encourage attendance and participation of families in services and events.
- To run the Start course and confirmation classes.