Hatfield, St Michael and All Angels version: 3
Bishop's Hatfield St Michael and All Angels
Bishop's Hatfield Team Ministry
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Church is important in a community, even to non-churchgoers.
- Need for better communication.
- Church is expected to lead in social concern.
Three things we have seen about our church
- It is friendly, welcoming and accessible.
- There is much unacknowledgede caring and serving.
- Sunday Eucharist is seen as central to prayer-life.
Vision (for five years' time)
St Michael's is the Christian heart of the community, full of the love of God and a welcoming place to all.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To provide opportunities for people to deepen their faith.
- To improve communication with people in the locality.
- To build on the church's involvement with local people and to make contact with people living in new housing.
Goals (for the next year)
- To maintain and improve the church premises, in particular the repair of the church roof.
- To seek ways of extending our connections iwth those living on the British Aerospace site, and reaching out to those living in the relatively new housing on the Hatfield Garden Village extension, working with St John's Lemsford, if this is appropriate.
- To encourage people to assist with the services and visits to Care Homes and to support those called to be Pastoral Visitors.
- To continue working on the use of email and other electronic communication and notice-boards for sharing information.
- To continue with the donations to Food Bank.