Hertford, All Saints version: 3
Hertford All Saints
Hertford Team Ministry
Hertford and Ware
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- Well established Pastoral Support system leading to people choosing to stay following a 'life event'
- Have engaged a number of families, mostly through Messy Church
- Increased usage by Schools and others both for services and community events
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- Improve the flexibility of our buildings. Change is a slow process!
- Engaging more youngsters.
Things seen about our local community
- Our parish contains many significant public offices and staff - County Hall, Herts & Beds Fire & Rescue HQ who we minister to.
- Have slightly above average % working age people, many residents commute south for work. Jobs in service sector under pressure.
- We have 3 primary schools and 2 secondary schools in the parish, and have regular contact with all of them.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- Regular liaison with each group
- Explored different patterns/times for what we do
- Regular involvement n the schools
Vision (for five years' time)
To serve people in the Parish through the development of an excellent provision of all-life ministry and care around baptisms, weddings and funerals. To provide an inclusive pattern of services and related activites which caters for people of varying Anglican traditions and none. To reach out to the local community and visitors through the traditions and music of the church and provide some stability in this uncertain and challenging world.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
managing to 'stay still' which is apparently 'good' but feels less so.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Further development of our pastoral visiting capability.
- Improve our accessibility, especially for families with young children.
- Improve the consistency and effectiveness of our welcome.
Goals (for the next year)
- Establish a clear pattern of 'in-reach' groups - Pastoral Visiting Team to provide nurture and support within the congregation.
- Provide new and clear external signage - at both ends of the church.
- Develop the hospitality space at back of Church by removing some pews.
- Widen the range of liturgical music readily available (especially for occasional services) by producing Family Service Songbook.
- Develop firm, costed proposals for further improvement in kitchen and service facilities.