High Wych, St James version: 1
High Wych, St James
High Wych and Gilston with Eastwick
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- We are a semi rural parish with very few children and young people.
- There is a mix of local working and commuting.
- The data we have is inherently unreliable until the 2011 census data is available.
Three things we have seen about our church
- The building is in need of renovation and re-ordering to provide modern facilities.
- The church has little in the way of mid-week meetings or activities.
Vision (for five years' time)
We want to be seen as part of our community which provides a spiritual dimension for all who seek it. We wish to be seen to be involved in supporting members of our community in the way we use our building and facilities. We wish to be seen to provide an atmosphere in which members can grow in faith and attract others.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- We have begun the process of renovating and re-ordering the Parish Church - this will take 1-2 years.
- We need to reassess how we use our building to encourage Christians, support the wider community & attract new believers.
- Review our programme of worship and liturgy following the rededication of the church.
Goals (for the next year)
- Establish house/study/fellowship groups in the parish.
- Plan and implement the renovation and reordering of St James Church.