Highfield, St Paul version: 1
Hemel Hempstead, St Mary and St Paul
Hemel Hempstead Team Ministry
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Our part of the parish is small geographically and numerically; the deprivation feeds into a disjointed sense of community.
- There are community facilities - shops, 2 community centres, 2 schools, doctor, dentist.
- There are leisure facilities - rugby club, pub & open spaces including the Nicky Line.
Three things we have seen about our church
- We are open and welcoming, warm and caring, which has led to us being diverse in point of origin and ability. Relaxed worship, not highbrow.
- We work hard to maintain building and raise money for the parish, ourselves and outside giving. We enjoy each others' company and socialise and laugh together.
- We are not only here for ourselves; we are outward and forward looking.
Vision (for five years' time)
We want to be growing - in faith, in diversity, in activities and outreach. We want to continue to dream dreams and not limit ourselves. We want a vicar who will continue to encourage and actively participate in our growth.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Children and families: Open Doors for parents, Toddler Church, Holiday Club, Messy Christmas & Celebrate - should be built on.
- We should consolidate our ministry to members of our church family who are housebound, ensuring they continue to feel included through visits and home communion.
- That another monthly Bible study continues in addition to the two currently running.
Goals (for the next year)
- New noticeboards to make ourselves more visible - in 2012.
- Explore better publicity and awareness of our activities via welcome leaflet to newcomers & new residents - 2013.
- Use our school and Surestart contacts to encourage more parents to Open Doors for parents - 2012.
- Identify leaders for Celebrate and other children's work - 2013.
- Identify needs re: extra Bible study by personal contact 2013.