Hinxworth, St Nicholas version: 1
Ashwell with Hinxworth and Newnham
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- It continues to flourish with a mix of people from different walks of life and age groups and families with children.
- Village has a hall, recreation ground, allotments, various clubs and good community spirit, but no shop, post office or school.
- Inhabitants support good causes for fund-raising, chartiies and individuals initiated by people living in the village.
Three things we have seen about our church
- The recent refurbishments in the church have been received well by parishioners.
- Congregation remains about the same in the retired age groups, although two new families have recently attended.
- There is a group who willingly ring all six bells before services.
Vision (for five years' time)
A parish where people feel that they are sharing the love and life of God through Jesus Christ with each other and their families, by taking part in Christian activities, using the parish resources such as the church, village hall and village pub. In essence the Church and its people have made others' lives better.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Increase attendance at Church services.
- Involve more of the children, youth and young families to take part in Christian activities.
- Recruit a pastoral care team.
Goals (for the next year)
- To complete the booklet about the church as a guide for visitors and for the villagers by 2015.
- Raise funds for the kitchen/loos/meeting room building and build it during 2015.
- Fill the gaps on the readers and intercession rotas at least a month in advance, every month.
- Bring one new person to the PCC each year.
- Arrange a concert club and programme of concerts each year, with the first programme available in 2014.