Holwell, St Peter version: 4
Holwell, Ickleford and Pirton
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
Things seen about our local community
- Small village with generally good communications
- No facilities to create a community centre, i.e. no pub, school etc. It has good sporting facilities mainly used by non residents.
- It is a village with an ageing population but new families moving in.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- Starting an all age non communion service every month in an afternoon so families can come more easily.
- Set up a church Facebook site in order to create a meeting place. Engage with 100 people through that.
- Picnic in the park event in the summer to draw people together
Vision (for five years' time)
To be seen as a friendly, growing, dynamic church with mission. A church providing a cohesive central togetherness within the village.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
A core congregation of 5 and people coming more regularly but less frequently. We have one new family joining us regularly.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To be a spiritual presence in the community and grow the congregation.
- To engage with new residents through social and mission events
- To care for those isolated in our community
Goals (for the next year)
- To create a toddler group
- To run a discipleship course
- Organise a 'Strawberry Tea' for older residents each summer.
- To pray regularly and systematically for each household in the parish.
- To increase our presence within the community through social media, advertising of services and engagement with community events.