Keysoe, St Mary the Virgin version: 1
Bolnhurst with Keysoe
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- The village is fragmented and spread out, with no shop or similar central meeting place.
- Families and individuals may be isolated, with few neighbours and limited communication with other villagers.
- People happily support or attend community events, but few want to be active.
Three things we have seen about our church
- We have a steady, but ageing congregation. Weekly attendance is rather small, but considerably larger on feast days.
- Families with young children are often reluctant to attend church regularly - other activities compete.
- Some people are happy to help the church in material ways, but are not prepared to worship regularly.
Vision (for five years' time)
We would like to see a thriving church community with regular services and group activities, more participation by the young generation and continuing care for the sick and lonely.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Maintenance of regular worship and the church fabric.
- Fund raising and completion of the project to provide kitchen and toilet facilities for the church building.
- Gathering young families to take an active part in church life.
Goals (for the next year)
- Provision of kitchen and toilet facilities for the benefit of church users and to promote wider use of church building.
- Building a more active and worshipping church community of all ages.